Information for disabled visitors
The park is reasonably flat and accessible for disabled visitors, paths are passable for wheelchairs and buggies, although the butterfly trial is a bit tricky so not recommended for wheelchairs but this is the only area of difficultly and there are no animal exhibits in that area of the Park .
- There are disabled parking bays close to the entrance
- The park loans out free of charge, wheelchairs and mobility scooters to visitors who feel this would aid their ability to access the park, the mobility scooters are on a first come first served basis.
- Disabled toilets are located at the Café and the Close Beg play area
- We have a couple of wheel chair picnic benches around the park
- Adult disabled visitors are charged a concession rate and registered carers who are essential to enable their visit are free of charge to enter the park
- A blue badge or letter from social department may be requested as proof of status for concessionary entrance