We will open with restrictions
From 10th April (Members only)
Please note we will open to MEMBERS ONLY on Saturday 10th April and Sunday 11th April for a recreational walkaround. There will be no cafe service, no playgrounds and no events or experiences.
A member is someone with a current membership card, anyone who is renewing their membership that expired or anyone wishing to join as a member for the first time. We will be adding 6 weeks’ time to memberships that were current throughout this lock down. Anyone who would have expired between 3rd March and 10th of April will have time lost from the 10th of April added.
From Monday 12th April
- We will welcome back pay on the day visitors as well as members. We will be open 7 days a week 9.30am – 5pm with last admissions at 4pm.
- Café will operate a takeaway service from Monday the 12th until restrictions lift further to allow inside dinning.
- There is no time slots, you can just turn up but please ensure you stay 2 meters away from non-household members.
- Masks are advisory not mandatory under current government regulations.
- There will be no talk feed times or activities until restrictions lift further.
We look forward to welcoming you back …… our animals have missed you!
Please read the following for additional information:
Do not visit the park IF:
1) You are experiencing the following symptoms:
- a temperature of more than 37.8C (100F)
- OR, a new and persistent cough - this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- OR, anosmia – this is the loss of or a change in your normal sense of smell. It can also affect your sense of taste as the two are closely linked
Can I just turn up as normal?
Yes, from Monday 12th April we will be open to entry without any need to book a time slot. Just turn up!
I'm not sure I am still a member/I was going to join but didn't get the chance.
The period of time we were closed will be added to the expiry date of all active memberships.
What do I do when I arrive?
The entrance is to the right-hand side of the shop, where you can speak to the shop/reception staff through a window. You now only exit via the shop.
Are the play areas open?
Not until 12 April. The Play Barn will remain closed until further notice.
Is the Mangrove Cafe open?
Yes. The Mangrove cafe will be operating a takeaway service from Monday 12th April.
Do I need to wear a mask, gloves or PPE?
No, you don't, but we respect your right to if you want to. You may see some staff wearing masks; this is standard practice with some of our animals. We have provided additional hand sanitising stations all around the Park, by gates and toilet blocks. Do make use of handwashing facilities.